Thursday, September 15, 2011

I need to vent!

I am soooooo sick & tired of people acting like my wedding is strange & unusual, and giving me a sorta confused look when I describe what we're doing. Yes, I'm only having 3 guests at my wedding. No, we're not having bridesmaids or groomsmen. No, Freddy isn't wearing a suit or tux. No, we're not having a reception with a big ol' wedding cake & dancing. Does this make my wedding any less special than someone else's? Do Freddy & I love each other any less? Absolutely not! The other day when I was getting my alterations, all the seamstresses were asking what my colors were, what my bridesmaids dresses looked like, etc. & when I said I wasn't doing all that they looked at me like I had a third eye! When my seamstress was pinning my dress for a hem she started to get the pins & whatnot she'd need for a bustle. Nope, don't need one! She started questioning why we weren't having a reception or dancing, and even commented, "Are you doing ANYTHING special?!?" I'm freakin' getting married!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't that special?!? I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a complete butthead...I'm just frustrated. Even my co-workers do it! I guess if I was having 300 people at my wedding with 15 bridesmaid & 15 groomsmen, bright colors, a golden tent, a 5 course meal, and a band people would think it was "special." Ok, I'm finished venting now! 

Leaving in 2 weeks for Disney, and our VERY special wedding :)

4 comments:

  1. your wedding will be special and wonderful, because two people who love each other very much are sharing in a very special ceremony together that will make them one couple! Screw all those people..... they don't know just how special Disney is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. alex- these are the people that get lost in the wedding & the events surrounding it & forget that it's about the marriage! the wedding day is such a small part of what is to come. it's about love, respect, compromise, honesty & ultimately friendship! we did our weddings for what WE (as couples) wanted; why do bride/grooms do huge events? FOR THEIR GUESTS! you and freddy are doing something special because it's totally YA'LL...
    enjoy your time at disney & trust me when i say the whole thing will FLY by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've told Berrin this and I'll tell you...I had the 10 Bridesmaids and 300+ wedding and reception with dancing...and if I could do it all over again, I wouldnt. It was not intimate. Basically it was for the guests. I saw Berrin and Judsons wedding pictures and I was so envious because you can just see the intimacy through the pictures.I would be so freaking proud to have such a private wedding. For get them. Your day is going to be amazing and something you will never ever forget. Cant wait to see pics if you post them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww i'm sorry alex! forget everyone else--your wedding will be perfect and wonderful and it will be just about you and freddy. everyone else can kiss it. you should tell them that! or, if someone else says something shitty to you tell them "even if i was having a big wedding,i wouldn't invite you anyways." :) can't wait to see pictures!!

    ReplyDelete